Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Built circa 1782 by Colonel John Dillon and held on a lease in perpetuity from the Incorporated Society for Promoting English Protestant Schools in Ireland. The Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to this fine residence, occupied by D. Kelly. The Dillons were in residence again by the time of Griffith's Valuation. It became the home of the Kelly family in the early 1870s until the late 1920s. Demolished by the Land Commission, only the entrance gates still remain.
|Johnstown Demesne||Drum||Athlone||Drumlosh 4||Athlone||Roscommon||
M994 353 Discovery map #47. OS Sheet #55.
In the possession of Richard Bermingham in the mid 18th century, when he sold it to Philip Parker of Erris, county Mayo and his wife, Maria Kelly. It appears to have remained in Parker ownership until purchased by the Holton family in the 1850s. Now owned by Louis Walsh.
|Cloonakilla||St Peters||Athlone||Athlone West Rural 1||Athlone||Roscommon||
M992 418 Discovery map #47. OS Sheet #52.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links