Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Built circa 1782 by Colonel John Dillon and held on a lease in perpetuity from the Incorporated Society for Promoting English Protestant Schools in Ireland. The Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to this fine residence, occupied by D. Kelly. The Dillons were in residence again by the time of Griffith's Valuation. It became the home of the Kelly family in the early 1870s until the late 1920s. Demolished by the Land Commission, only the entrance gates still remain.
|Johnstown Demesne||Drum||Athlone||Drumlosh 4||Athlone||Roscommon||
M994 353 Discovery map #47. OS Sheet #55.
At the time of Griffith's Valuation, John Dillon was leasing a house valued at £20 at Kilbegley, barony of Moycarn, to William Colohan. In 1837 Lewis records Kilbegley as the residence of B. Newcomen. In the same year it is recorded in the Ordnance Survey Name books as "a gentleman's place, two stories high, in good repair". The 25-inch map of the 1890s indicates alterations to the house. Only ruins remain at Kilbegly now.
M901306 Discovery map #47. OS Sheet #54.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links